MAS offers high quality rope access services to the Australian resources industry.
Rope access is a safe, quick work positioning technique which is used worldwide to access and perform tasks at height, throughout the oil and gas industry. The primary goal of rope access is to carry out tasks with no incidents, accidents, dropped objects or dangerous occurrences.
First class safety
- Rope access is safe, quick and easy to mobilise
- Rope access minimises hours spent in higher risk work areas
The right people
- Highly trained IRATA technicians who bring a wealth of experience from a wide range of industries
- Multi-disciplined, responsive staff who plan and deliver work scopes
- Innovative solutions matched to customer needs
- Cost savings through reduced machinery and plant downtime, allowing quicker returns to production
MAS Rope Access Training
MAS conducts rope access training and certification under the guidelines and standards set by the Industrial Rope Access Trade Association. IRATA operates globally and is recognised as the peak rope access association.
Industrial Rope Access is the safest method of working at heights and has gained industry acceptance as best practice. MAS is an approved IRATA operations and training company and we value the importance of providing the skills required to perform rope access with the highest regard to safety.
Rope access training is now being held at our Henderson facility. We offer IRATA Level 1, 2, and 3 courses over five days, with two options – either Monday – Friday or Tuesday – Saturday.
IRATA has three levels of qualification for rope access technicians;
Level 1 Rope Access Technician
Is able to perform a limited range of rope access tasks under the supervision of an IRATA L-3 rope access technician.
Level 1 Rope Access Technician
Is capable of rigging working ropes, undertaking rescues and performing rope access tasks under
Level 3 Rope Access Technician
Is capable of site supervision for rope access work projects; is able to demonstrate the skills and knowledge required all levels; is conversant with relevant work techniques and legislation; has a comprehensive knowledge of advanced rescue techniques; holds a current first aid certificate and
All training is performed by our experienced and fully certified Level III Rope Access Instructors, and assessments are carried out by an independent assessor in accordance with the IRATA ICOP and TACS at our purpose built training facility in Henderson, WA.
MAS provides all rope access equipment required - all you need to bring is a positive attitude and a willingness to learn in a team environment.
Standard course price: $1650 per candidate
- Four (4) days training (practical and theory) plus one (1) day of assessment
- Instructor / student ratio of 1:6
- Registration and certification as an IRATA technician
- IRATA certificate, identification card and logbook
- All course materials
- All necessary equipment for training
- Independent assessment on Friday or Saturday.
- Long pants and hi-vis shirts (short sleeves are acceptable)
- Steel cap boots.
MAS Training Centre
923 Cockburn Road